Forum Home Forum Home > OSS Application > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

cant start OSS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-11 at 09:53
smaddeus, we're just trying to help.

When I first joined the site I used a different log in name and had to re-register to get it to work. Just trying to eliminate some things.

Before we can say OOS is not working we need to prove you can get the War Thunder feed. You do this with War Thunder running and by putting your IP direct into the browser, I know chrome works but not tried the new MS Edge, address bar like this: "http://123.456.7.89:8111/". Make sure you are use your machines IP and not a router etc.

If you go to a test flight or air game you should see the map and aircraft data.

If you don't get this it's not OSS it's something else. 

Cheers
smaddeus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-11 at 13:44
So the condition is only to have WarThunder running, but do I need OSS running with it when I write the host in the browser?

Update: Anyway, nothing works. I was in hangar with OSS open, I was in-game with OSS open and started to monitor, still doesn't work.

I am using Mozilla, and I tried on new Edge by writing my IP:8111, but nothing.

Edited by smaddeus - 2020-Jul-11 at 14:29
*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-11 at 15:44
This is what my setting screen looks like.

Fake IP and OSS Key. I have the remote box ticked because I play on a PS4 and run OSS on a laptop.
*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-11 at 15:55
My screen looks like this.

I have "Remote mode" selected because I play on a PS4 and run OSS on a laptop.

smaddeus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-11 at 23:40
Yup, and it doesn't work for me, constantly Monitoring Paused status. I am not using remote, everything on one PC.
My nick, OSS key that was given, my IP address in IP field, WT game folder path. Everything is set, no additional check boxes marked or anything. It just refuses to record anything...

Edited by smaddeus - 2020-Jul-12 at 00:52
*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-12 at 12:22
This is what I see if I put the ip and 8111 in a browser.

smaddeus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-12 at 15:36
Like I was saying "unable to connect". Showing me what I should be seeing is not helping to narrow the issue, if I saw anything at all other than Unable to Connect to that specific address, I would've inform you, but I am only getting that one message.

And what are the conditions specifically, and I mean specifically?
"So the condition is only to have WarThunder running, but do I need OSS running with it when I write the host in the browser?" As well as do I need to be in the match or hangar? What are the conditions under which I need to test, or it doesn't matter at all, I might be in the match or in hangar, with OSS running in background, and it should still connect?

Edited by smaddeus - 2020-Jul-12 at 15:48
*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-12 at 22:01
I start WT and when in the hanger I start OSS.

All setting are saved so it start as soon as it's loaded.

1st message: Downloading vehicle data.

2nd message: Waiting for WT

3rd message: Waiting for first match.

The fact that you cannot connect to WT in a browser suggests something in your set up is blocking the connection and has nothing to do with OSS.

I suggest you try the WT forum, someone there may have more knowledge of issues with connecting to the WT feed.

Sorry couldn't help.

Cheers
LtChambers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LtChambers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-12 at 22:17
War Thunder, not OSS, hosts that server on your machine at 8111 (did you have War Thunder running when you tried to access it in the browser?) and it gives basic progress information about the match. I wonder if there's a way to disable it in the game, or maybe the firewall blocks it or something. I'm sorry you couldn't get it working, OSS definitely needs more submitters.
smaddeus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jul-13 at 02:47
I did checked basic firewall settings, and nothing, checked and unchecked Firefox without changes, the Gaijin Smart Launcher doesn't do any effect in inbound rules. I will try to add launcher.exe itself manually to outbound and inbound rules, but I doubt it will change anything. I tested while having OSS open just in case, and being in hangar only, and tried to into test area not in a match, currently it's too late at my place to start a match just to try these things out, not knowing if it works in testing ground. I might check some settings on Defender itself, see if there's something that disrupts this manual connection.

P.S. I came here from WT forums from the post that was made in 2018 I think, when this software was announced back then on WT forums. I was sent here instead as someone said that Bruce or Sidiros could better help.

Edited by smaddeus - 2020-Jul-13 at 02:52
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic