Forum Home Forum Home > WWII Logs > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

Change in Ground RB and OSS issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change in Ground RB and OSS issue
    Posted: 2020-Mar-24 at 17:47
There was a change in the latest patch that fixed a long standing issue with the http feed not showing vehicles on the map in Ground RB.    This was enabled (a good thing;) however, OSS uses that lack of an information to identify the Ground RB game type.    All Ground RB matches are currently being identified as Arcade due to this.

You can manually fix the Game type on your missions by logging into the forums (setting your user cookie) then going through your uploaded matches, editing them, then saving them as Ground RB.   This will re-calculate the match as the correct Game type.    Each OSS user has editing capabilities on their matches.

I'll have to figure out a way to fix this long term; however, I'm not sure what that logic could be.    Any suggestions would be most appreciated.    Data available is visible on your http map http://127.0.0.1:8111.

Edited by Sidiros - 2020-Mar-24 at 17:48
*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Mar-25 at 23:01
Could you put a selection button on the session screen for the various modes, Default AB.

If I was to play RB I could start a new session, select RB and have the game mode upload with the data.

May be easier than editing missions later.

Cheers JTF
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Mar-30 at 13:20
Originally posted by *Maj_Fox *Maj_Fox wrote:

Could you put a selection button on the session screen for the various modes, Default AB.

If I was to play RB I could start a new session, select RB and have the game mode upload with the data.

May be easier than editing missions later.

Cheers JTF

I can definitely do that.   I'll even have it read it back at the start of every mission to give you a heads up and be able to switch it prior to mission end.
Bruce_R1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce_R1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Apr-02 at 21:11
Could you get a hint from the nationalities? If it's any subset of all nationalities, or the same nationality on both sides, it's significantly less likely to be RB, of course. Not perfect, there are still some ground RBs that are unrestricted of course.
KH_Alan View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH_Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Apr-04 at 10:58
By editing matches you mean editing local XML files in Missions & Sessions folders?
Bruce_R1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce_R1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Apr-06 at 14:47
I believe he means the limited self-editing (mission type and map only) you can do on your own missions through http://wwiilogs.com/WTstats/MissionSearch.asp
KH_Alan View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH_Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Apr-06 at 22:34
Hmm didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I changed all mine I could change. Some with "?" are left as I cannot access them.
Bruce_R1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce_R1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Apr-07 at 00:47
Yeah, looks like editing missions is causing issues with the country list regenerating correctly, as well, right now. (Glad to see it wasn't just me, though.)
Bruce_R1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce_R1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Apr-07 at 02:04
So I've gone through a sample of the 1.97 Ground AB missions, and all the missions from the users below will still need to be edited Ground AB to Ground RB, then we'd be caught up. All of them don't have significant multiple nationality players, indicating they were RB (no random planes). The only actual Ground AB players in 1.97 so far are me (just a couple) and Maj Fox.

lastcmaster
GunsmokeX
KH_Alan (the recalcs he couldn't edit)
warrior412.

But yeah, right now user editing is messing with the nationality list, so there's another issue there to be sorted, too.

Edited by Bruce_R1 - 2020-Apr-07 at 02:05
KH_Alan View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH_Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Apr-07 at 13:25
Missions I edited are now showing in RB ground and I changed all mission I could access.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic