Forum Home Forum Home > WWII Logs > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

Going to close down this site in April

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to close down this site in April
    Posted: 2018-Feb-27 at 15:02
I've lost all interest in continuing to play WT and any confidence they'll improve the game meta.    There's just way to many obvious flaws that have not been addressed in any manner.

I'm going to shut down the site in April as I'm going to focus on other projects.    This will kill the App.

If anyone is interested what I've built; PM me and I'll send you what I have.

Thanks for everyone's participation and interest in this.   

S!

Edited by Sidiros - 2018-Feb-27 at 15:03
*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Mar-03 at 19:29
Sorry to hear this news.

This is the first place I come when I read about BR changes to see how well vehicles are performing.

I for one appreciate the time and effort you've put into this site and App and although I'll miss it I wish you the best of luck with your other projects.

Cheers
brooklynspo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brooklynspo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Mar-04 at 14:43
Sorry to hear. 

A real shame about the app and site but it is your time and effort and you have obviously put in a lot already. I hope someone picks up on your work.

Good luck going forward!

b

P.S. War Thunder meta flaws you find most unacceptable?

Edited by brooklynspo - 2018-Mar-05 at 00:33
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Mar-05 at 15:28
Originally posted by brooklynspo brooklynspo wrote:

Sorry to hear. 

A real shame about the app and site but it is your time and effort and you have obviously put in a lot already. I hope someone picks up on your work.

Good luck going forward!

b

P.S. War Thunder meta flaws you find most unacceptable?

Thanks.

Ground RB...      Aircraft earning far more Spawn points than Ground,  Spawn point doubling on subsequent spawns for specific categories, and the refusal to address this and other issues.    There are far more issues across this and other modes; however, those stick right out.

In general it's the lack of balance in the game or them to even try balancing.    If I remember correctly they released scout vehicles with a few nations not even having them due to their requirements.     It could have been a simple fix with loosening of the requirements or just trying to address it...   Nope, not them though.

They've done so well on the modeling, content, and features though.   Can't praise them enough on that.    They've done a fantastic job with that aspect.    
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Mar-05 at 15:32
Originally posted by *Maj_Fox *Maj_Fox wrote:

Sorry to hear this news.

This is the first place I come when I read about BR changes to see how well vehicles are performing.

I for one appreciate the time and effort you've put into this site and App and although I'll miss it I wish you the best of luck with your other projects.

Cheers

Thanks,  

As you mentioned in the PM;   I'll create a release that is standalone prior to shutting it all down.   The stand alone will remove the connection to the server and require a little bit of maintenance on the players end to add in new vehicles, affiliation, BR, Map Names, and also changes to those values Gaijin implements.

*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Mar-05 at 21:25
Originally posted by Sidiros Sidiros wrote:

Originally posted by *Maj_Fox *Maj_Fox wrote:

Sorry to hear this news.

Cheers

Thanks,  

As you mentioned in the PM;   I'll create a release that is standalone prior to shutting it all down.   The stand alone will remove the connection to the server and require a little bit of maintenance on the players end to add in new vehicles, affiliation, BR, Map Names, and also changes to those values Gaijin implements.

That would be cool.

Cheers
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Apr-11 at 23:51
Cheers to Shogun!    He agreed to take over the site maintenance and we'll keep this thing rolling.

Thanks Shogun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic