Forum Home Forum Home > OSS Application > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

HUD Tab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JT Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HUD Tab
    Posted: 2017-Jan-30 at 13:40
I'm loving the new OSS now it's working on the PS4. 

I'd like to make a few observations about the HUD Tab.

Could the Chat Box be re-sized to the same with as the map? 

Should the HUD be personalised? By this I mean more specific to the actual user.

I would replace the right hand box with the following. 

A detailed kill/Death box for the player and squad mates showing vehicle types and BR. 

A box showing a summary of the game. How many vehicles have been lost by each side (a % of 48). How many players are still current active, (vehicles in play), on each side.

Awards won.

Basically anything a player might find useful in the game.

Thanks for reading. Cheers 

Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-30 at 14:22
Thanks,

I can definitely personalize it or even add another tab for another more personalized HUD. The first Mission tab shows a larger chat box with more detail.    Are you thinking a combination?

If you can draw up a mock up;  I can try to match it or better yet maybe add controls that can be resized.

One thing on teams though...     The info Gaijin provides doesn't specify teams at all.   The only way I've been able to even get close to do that is by using the Team chat and matching up players to your team when they speak in chat; however, that didn't seem to work well on earlier versions of OSS.    Very few people even spoke in team chat and heck on one game where I actually got people chatting back and forth a Mod was in there and warned us for spamming...

*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-30 at 16:31
The chat box in the HUD tab is wider than the map and as a result pushes the player box over creating a horizontal slider.

I can always tell my mate at the start of a game, via TS3, to send some chat.

I'll take some screen shots and post back later this week.

Cheers

Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Feb-01 at 14:44
Originally posted by *Maj_Fox *Maj_Fox wrote:

The chat box in the HUD tab is wider than the map and as a result pushes the player box over creating a horizontal slider.

I can always tell my mate at the start of a game, via TS3, to send some chat.

I'll take some screen shots and post back later this week.

Cheers

Sounds good.    Yeah, originally I saved that space to put the live indicators in; however, that feed really doesn't give anything that isn't already on the game hud.    I'll resize them to match next release.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic