Forum Home Forum Home > OSS Application > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

OSS Update to 1.2.0.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OSS Update to 1.2.0.2
    Posted: 2017-Jan-13 at 17:59
I'm finalizing the update to 1.2.0.0 and should be up in a few hours.

• With this update comes the live map for AB and RB Air.     It's a huge piece to this project as it opens up a new data stream and interesting possibilities.     

It tracks units on the map, adds tracks on the map, and records User death locations, and locations kills were scored at.     It then saves this to the Historical record.
  • Fixed an issue with clans showing on the HUD pages.

• Changed the file paths for Historical saves.      This will be in your c:\ProgramData\OSS4WarThunder or c:\program files\OSS4WarThunder depending on your OS version.    Users that are upgrading will need to move their saves manually; however, new updates and new users won't have issues pertaining to OSS version running.

Previous paths are
C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\Unique Folder\oss4.. Unique Key\uploads

Due to click once it always installed into unique paths.  This made it challenging to retain historic information in that pathing between updates.   Moving it to Program Files resolves this issue.

After first start after upgrade the paths will create; then, shut down OSS and Copy all your Missions from uploads to the new directory path of C:\ProgramData \OSS4WarThunder\Missions.

KillCam images (uploads\KillCam) to C:\ProgramData \OSS4WarThunder\KillCam.

Configuration files (uploads\Configuration) to C:\ProgramData \OSS4WarThunder\Configuration.

Map files (uploads\Maps) to C:\ProgramData \OSS4WarThunder\Maps.

Sorry for the inconvenience and the manual file copy is only necessary if you want to retain the previous data and won't be required in the future.

I was going to add more; however, that File Pathing for Saves was really annoying and I wanted to get this update out to you so it wouldn't continue to be an issue going forward.

Have a great weekend!

1.2.0.1 - Fixed Settings issue
1.2.0.2 - Fixed file pathing to UAC friendly directory ProgramData versus Program Files (x86)

Edited by Sidiros - 2017-Jan-25 at 22:09
zinzmi View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zinzmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-13 at 23:17
Hello Sidiros. It is great to have you back.

But the OSS is crashing upon the new installation for me. I don't even get it installed properly. What Information can I get you to find the problem?
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-13 at 23:48
Originally posted by zinzmi zinzmi wrote:

Hello Sidiros. It is great to have you back.

But the OSS is crashing upon the new installation for me. I don't even get it installed properly. What Information can I get you to find the problem?

Thanks,

When does it crash?     If you had older installs sometimes it helps to clear out the older installations and start fresh.

If it shows up in add/remove programs; remove it.
If there are old installs in C:\Users\YourPCUser\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\Data\unique folder\unique folder  ; remove them.   The folders will have oss4 in the beginning.

When the app starts; it's immediately going to check for the Program files\OSS4WarThunder directory and create it if not found.   If you permissions are restricting it from creating those; that would be an issue as well.

Let me know how it goes or anything else I can help with.

Edited by Sidiros - 2017-Jan-13 at 23:50
KillerAce4 View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KillerAce4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-14 at 03:00
OSS starts, starts up War Thunder launcher then shuts down with no announcement, almost like it is not detecting War Thunder is running.

I removed all older versions of this and re-downloaded it, still the same thing

zinzmi View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zinzmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-14 at 11:10
no I don't have permission to delete that folder.
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-14 at 15:40
Originally posted by KillerAce4 KillerAce4 wrote:

OSS starts, starts up War Thunder launcher then shuts down with no announcement, almost like it is not detecting War Thunder is running.

I removed all older versions of this and re-downloaded it, still the same thing

Originally posted by zinzmi zinzmi wrote:

no I don't have permission to delete that folder.

Ok, the 1.2.0.2 update should solve these issues.    It totally skipped my mind about User Account Control.  I'm so used to working on systems that have full admin privileges.

I moved the directories to a directory that has permissions under User Account Control.   "c:\ProgramData\OSS4WarThunder"

That should solve this issue.   It tested great on a UAC enabled computer.

Let me know if you run into any further issues and thanks for the catch.
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KillerAce4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-14 at 22:38
Works now, but does not start War Thunder automatically like it use to or shut down when War Thunder is exited. 

It is not a critical issue for me, but could be for other people.
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KillerAce4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-14 at 23:41
I had to re-enter my username and key code and after that it started half working. 

It stops when War Thunder is exited but if you start the OSS, it does not start War Thunder.
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-14 at 23:48
Originally posted by KillerAce4 KillerAce4 wrote:

I had to re-enter my username and key code and after that it started half working. 

It stops when War Thunder is exited but if you start the OSS, it does not start War Thunder.

Hmmm,  have you tried a reboot?    There wasn't any changes to that logic.    It looks for Aces.exe to be running and if it doesn't find it kicks off the Launcher.   

If it worked before it should still work unless the War Thunder paths have changed (it looks for 4 standard paths) or something is just off that a reboot might resolve.

Edit-  Oh, I bet it's because the Monitor never ran...  If it never logs you in and starts monitoring WT; it doesn't know that War Thunder stopped and won't shut down.    Once you enter in your user info that should trigger the shutdown process.

Edited by Sidiros - 2017-Jan-14 at 23:51
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KillerAce4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jan-15 at 03:24
reboot fixed it all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic