Forum Home Forum Home > OSS Application > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

OSS update to 1.3.5.3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OSS update to 1.3.5.3
    Posted: 2017-Nov-07 at 15:47
A new update should be available this evening due to a bug Maj_Fox found.    Thanks Maj!   

It includes the following changes....
  • French flag addition (resolving error)
  • Disable upload setting in settings.
This disables upload to WWIIlogs.com and will still provide monitoring functionality for local stats.    History will display these as "Upload Disabled" in the Mission ID field.

This should prove useful for Custom battles and Playing modes that you don't want to upload data.

• Added additional fields in upload to provide a more unique mission profiling.  
This will enable the server to determine Replays and duplicate uploads better.     I typically catch them and re-assign them; however, this method should enable a more unique key to catch it and reject the upload; while, giving back the previous mission ID for local History stats.

• Mission file name convention changed on saving incomplete mission observations.   

In the past these would show as "Unknown" with no game type.   They'll now show as "incomplete" with the Game mode detected in the client.   Keep in mind this will be incorrect at times as it's before the further check on the server.    The normal operation is that the server validates the game mode and passes it back to the client on a successful upload.

• Added Additional game type logic
This should enable it to better identify the game type.   Previous versions occasionally would detect a SB gametype if the OSS user was not in game when the detection occurred.    This should catch those and obtain the proper game type.

• Added Admin features to the client
This will enable replay uploads for Admins in addition to grabbing Module and Armor screenshots for vehicles that don't have them on the site currently; in addition, enable future Admin based additions to the client.

S!

Edited by Sidiros - 2017-Nov-08 at 14:13
*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Nov-09 at 22:58
Hi Sid.

Sense the last update I have been unable to connect to the PS4.

In addition when I select "Stop Monitoring" it reports it is stopping but never does. No Edit option appears.

This is the same when I run OSS on either my PC or Laptop.

Would it be possible to add a "Test Connection" button that would produce an error log if the test failed?

Cheers
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Nov-09 at 23:01
Originally posted by *Maj_Fox *Maj_Fox wrote:

Hi Sid.

Sense the last update I have been unable to connect to the PS4.

In addition when I select "Stop Monitoring" it reports it is stopping but never does. No Edit option appears.

This is the same when I run OSS on either my PC or Laptop.

Would it be possible to add a "Test Connection" button that would produce an error log if the test failed?

Cheers

Hmmm, let me look into it and test on my end.    Are you in remote mode?     It has to be in that mode for PS4; otherwise, it won't connect.

I have to do another update soon for replay logic.   I had a flaw in there that I didn't catch, so this should be fixed rather quickly also.
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Nov-09 at 23:15
Deselect "Remote Mode" after you hit Stop monitor.   That should get you around it until I can get the next version out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic