Forum Home Forum Home > OSS Application > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

OSS update to 2.0.0.0 (stand alone)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogun1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Apr-10 at 00:41
Sorry Sidiros, I've been in game with some friends. I would like to talk to you about this more.  Maybe get on teamspeak or discord?
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Apr-10 at 13:19
Originally posted by shogun1953 shogun1953 wrote:

Sorry Sidiros, I've been in game with some friends. I would like to talk to you about this more.  Maybe get on teamspeak or discord?

I sent you a PM and let's talk.
FIIK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Jul-16 at 19:14

The program installs and starts in Win 10, opens in settings, but I can't insert name, key, or path.
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Jul-16 at 20:12
Originally posted by FIIK FIIK wrote:

The program installs and starts in Win 10, opens in settings, but I can't insert name, key, or path.

Hit the edit down at the bottom in settings.  It then should allow entry; however, the standalone shouldn't even have this....

Let me look into why the stand alone is pulling down the web-enabled version.

Edited by Sidiros - 2018-Jul-16 at 20:21
FIIK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Jul-17 at 13:58
Originally posted by Sidiros Sidiros wrote:

Hit the edit down at the bottom in settings.  It then should allow entry; however, the standalone shouldn't even have this....

My bad. Please move to appropriate section. I had two tabs open and posted in the wrong one...

Web-enabled it is. It did not allow any fields to be filled, so I edited config. Everything kinda works except map only shows my movement and points captured [and nothing else], so not much use. Also, I can zoom in on the map by clicking it, but don't know how to zoom out (Ctrl+scroll, ctrl+plus/minus, etc.). Map moves with scroll bars but I can't drag it. And sometimes the map itself fails to load altogether, but I guess that's server side since localhost:8111 does that too.

Stats are nice to have and I would like to participate, but right now I can't get much out of the app. Will try again at a later stage.

Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Jul-17 at 15:41

Originally posted by Sidiros Sidiros wrote:

My bad. Please move to appropriate section. I had two tabs open and posted in the wrong one...

Web-enabled it is. It did not allow any fields to be filled, so I edited config. Everything kinda works except map only shows my movement and points captured [and nothing else], so not much use. Also, I can zoom in on the map by clicking it, but don't know how to zoom out (Ctrl+scroll, ctrl+plus/minus, etc.). Map moves with scroll bars but I can't drag it. And sometimes the map itself fails to load altogether, but I guess that's server side since localhost:8111 does that too.

Stats are nice to have and I would like to participate, but right now I can't get much out of the app. Will try again at a later stage.

Yeah,  the Web map feed for Ground RB sucks....   It doesn't have any of the Icons (they just added the player icon last patch.)     I bugged it a long time ago; however, it's still that way.

Right click used to zoom out..   I'll take a look into it.   

Thanks for the feedback.

S!
FIIK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Jul-17 at 17:32
Now trying the stand alone. Keeps pinging "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."...

Is there a proper How To somewhere that I have missed to avoid all this?
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018-Jul-17 at 18:51

Now trying the stand alone. Keeps pinging "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."...

Is there a proper How To somewhere that I have missed to avoid all this?

I'm not sure why you are having the issues you are.    I just installed both the stand-alone and the web-enabled on different PC without issue...  

I'll need to test monitoring later to see if there is something else going on with the stand-alone.    I haven't used that version in months.

The web-enabled was thoroughly retested prior to the new version released over the weekend.   I'm able to enter information on it without issue in settings also.  

Are you under reduced windows permissions maybe?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic