Forum Home Forum Home > WWII Logs > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

PS4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-May-03 at 21:36
The last time it did this I re-opened the app and tried the shortcut to the website. That failed as well. In the browser that was opened I selected a new tab and was able to type in the address and reach the site OK.

I've also been running a browser on the side showing the WT feed and that hasn't dropped the connection.

Cheers

*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-May-03 at 21:40
Copy of error log.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
@namespace html url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml); :root { font:small Verdana; font-weight: bold; padding: 2em; padding-left:4em; } * { display: block; padding-left: 2em; } html|style { display: none; } html|span, html|a { display: inline; padding: 0; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; } html|span.block { display: block; } *[html|hidden], span.block[html|hidden] { display: none; } .expand { display: block; } .expand:before { content: '+'; color: red; position: absolute; left: -1em; } .collapse { display: block; } .collapse:before { content: '-'; color: red; position: absolute; left:-1em; } <Error xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><Message>The remote name could not be resolved: 'wwiilogs.com'</Message><Source>System</Source><Routine>LoadMapNames</Routine></Error>
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-May-03 at 21:55
Originally posted by *Maj_Fox *Maj_Fox wrote:

Copy of error log.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
@namespace html url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml); :root { font:small Verdana; font-weight: bold; padding: 2em; padding-left:4em; } * { display: block; padding-left: 2em; } html|style { display: none; } html|span, html|a { display: inline; padding: 0; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; } html|span.block { display: block; } *[html|hidden], span.block[html|hidden] { display: none; } .expand { display: block; } .expand:before { content: '+'; color: red; position: absolute; left: -1em; } .collapse { display: block; } .collapse:before { content: '-'; color: red; position: absolute; left:-1em; } <Error xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><Message>The remote name could not be resolved: 'wwiilogs.com'</Message><Source>System</Source><Routine>LoadMapNames</Routine></Error>

Yeah, it's having trouble reaching the wwiilogs website.    When OSS starts it does a few things...    It verifies your user/key with wwiilogs, grabs the latest vehicle list, and map names.

That error log was generated when it tried to load the Map names and couldn't reach wwiilogs.

So it's having connection issues to wwiilogs.com and not the actual game.

I can put in a few retries on it, on the next version.  

Edited by Sidiros - 2017-May-03 at 21:57
*Maj_Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Maj_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-May-03 at 22:06
But I only get the error when I restart the app after it closed.

It works fine when I first use it so it must have connected OK.

I know the connections OK because I can visit the site in a browser.

So the questions are: -

1) Why does the app close?

2) Why would a my laptop block the app after it has closed and I restart it. It allowed it access before!

3) Why does it work OK when I restart the laptop?

Answers on a post card.

Cheers
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-May-03 at 22:16
Originally posted by *Maj_Fox *Maj_Fox wrote:

But I only get the error when I restart the app after it closed.

It works fine when I first use it so it must have connected OK.

I know the connections OK because I can visit the site in a browser.

So the questions are: -

1) Why does the app close?

2) Why would a my laptop block the app after it has closed and I restart it. It allowed it access before!

3) Why does it work OK when I restart the laptop?

Answers on a post card.

Cheers

My guess is that it is having sporadic connection issues to wwiilogs.com or timing out.    It's going to try this each time the app starts (user authentication, map names, and vehicle list) and each time a mission ends (for an upload.)    If there is a connection issue, it'll crash as it needs this info or subsequent logic is depending on that data.

This is most likely the source of others crash issues also I'm guessing.       

I'll work on a new version with some retry attempts.

Thanks for the help with this.

Edited by Sidiros - 2017-May-03 at 22:17
JT Fox View Drop Down
VETERAN
VETERAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JT Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Jun-25 at 10:37
Since the last update OSS works fine on the laptop.

I get the loss of connection, which I believe is the laptop, but OSS reconnects so I only loss that game.

Works flawless on the desk top so not sure what my laptop is doing.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic