WWII Logs Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OSS Application > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

Register with my squadron name?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggis79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Register with my squadron name?
    Posted: 2020-Jan-17 at 19:08
Hi!

Still trying to figure out how to get this thing to work. Do i have to register with my squadron name aswell as my username?

All i get is "OSS status: Monitoring paused"

Thanks
Bruce_R1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce_R1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jan-18 at 05:26
Not the expert, but I got it to work. 1) Have you got the correct filepath set for your War Thunder exe? When you fire up the OSS Launcher, does the WT launcher start too? 2) If it says "Monitoring paused" does it have a "Start Monitoring" button in the bottom left on the settings tab? It should.
haggis79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggis79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jan-18 at 07:00
Yes everything is set up right. I have my war thunder path set up so OSS launches WT. It seems that OSS can't make out that the match has started.
haggis79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggis79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jan-18 at 08:02
I've tried 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.1:8111 as IP adresses still no luck. If i go in to http://127.0.0.1:8111/ in my browser I can see my match.
Bruce_R1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce_R1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jan-18 at 17:59
I can make the same thing happen on my PC, if WT is running before I launch/relaunch OSS. Only way I can get out of the "Monitoring Paused" state then is to close both and then relaunch WT by relaunching OSS. Sorry if that ain't much help. 127.0.0.1 worked for me in the IP window.
haggis79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggis79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Jan-18 at 20:13
thanks for your help but i'm still getting "Monitoring paused" Guess i'll have to give up on this gem of a program... Cry
banf4279209 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banf4279209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Mar-22 at 04:41
I had the same issue, but it worked properly, after a system reboot.
Also, it seems to work better when WarThunder is started from the OSS program, rather than via Steam.

Good luck!
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2020-Mar-22 at 14:44
The OSS user must match the War Thunder player name identically. No squadron tag and including the * if from a PS4.

So... haggis79 should also be your player name in War Thunder.

There are error logs in the programdata\oss4warthunder\logs directory and I believe I found the issue. It has to do with repopulating an existing vehicle dictionary; which, it will try to do when you are in the settings screen and stopping/starting the monitor.    A definite bug...   

If you edit your credentials, put the IP at 127.0.0.1, save it, then exit OSS in the system tray and restart it fresh it should work around that bug.  

[edit- I released version 1.3.6.6 to fix this bug.   If you update to the current release it should not have this issue.  Thanks for bringing this up and I apologize for the late response.  I missed this thread some how.]

Edited by Sidiros - 2020-Mar-22 at 15:33
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic