WWII Logs Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > WWII Logs > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the WWII Logs forum.

Win/Loss in AB GF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andvari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win/Loss in AB GF
    Posted: 2017-Mar-15 at 06:08
I may be blind, but I can't find this anywhere on the website.  Does it exist?
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Mar-15 at 19:35
Originally posted by Andvari Andvari wrote:

I may be blind, but I can't find this anywhere on the website.  Does it exist?

It only exists for Users of the application on the Career page. Here is mine as an example   http://wwiilogs.com/WTstats/Career.asp?GameType=1&Nation=1&Rank=&UID=1&Patch=1 

Reason being the feed gives the result to the Player playing; however, it doesn't specify which team everyone is on.   
Andvari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andvari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Mar-17 at 15:21
I was actually more interested to see the win/loss stats based on map starting location. i.e, are there some maps that give a distinct advantage to one side over the other?

figuring out the teams from the battle logs is relatively straightforward, I wrote a quick script that works for the majority of cases. 

Edit:
Just discovered that the game does report which team each of the players are on, it sends it to the .clog file.

Here's an example of the text used to report a player joining the game:
101.00 MULP reflect [28].justJoined: 0 -> 1
101.00 MULP [28].setTeam(2) from teamCoder
101.00 MULP [28].setCountryId(1) from countryCoder
101.00 MULP onStateChanged() MULP p28 n='insert_player_name' NOT_EXISTS->IN_LOADING t=2 c=1 f=2044(l=0) mid=25 uid=xxxxxxxx u=0xffff/0x0
101.00 MULP onConnectedRemote 28

In this case the player has been assigned to team 2

Edited by Andvari - 2017-Mar-18 at 15:49
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Mar-21 at 14:26

I was actually more interested to see the win/loss stats based on map starting location. i.e, are there some maps that give a distinct advantage to one side over the other?

figuring out the teams from the battle logs is relatively straightforward, I wrote a quick script that works for the majority of cases. 

Edit:
Just discovered that the game does report which team each of the players are on, it sends it to the .clog file.

Here's an example of the text used to report a player joining the game:
101.00 MULP reflect [28].justJoined: 0 -> 1
101.00 MULP [28].setTeam(2) from teamCoder
101.00 MULP [28].setCountryId(1) from countryCoder
101.00 MULP onStateChanged() MULP p28 n='insert_player_name' NOT_EXISTS->IN_LOADING t=2 c=1 f=2044(l=0) mid=25 uid=xxxxxxxx u=0xffff/0x0
101.00 MULP onConnectedRemote 28

In this case the player has been assigned to team 2

Woah...  I've never looked in the clog file.    I wonder if that would violate the EULA?      If I can look in there it would be awesome.  

It looks like it even identifies the country of the player.

Thanks!

It would also resolve issues I have with identifying friendly fire.

Edited by Sidiros - 2017-Mar-21 at 14:28
Andvari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andvari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Mar-27 at 10:21
let me know if you need a hand decrypting the files.
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Mar-27 at 12:14

let me know if you need a hand decrypting the files.

For sure!

How did you do it?    I saw they were encrypted, sighed, and thought "I'll dig into these later."

S!
Andvari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andvari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Mar-28 at 07:55
I'll pm you the details, I figure gaijin probably wouldn't look to kindly on having their encryption broken for everyone to see :)
Sidiros View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Mar-28 at 18:57

I'll pm you the details, I figure gaijin probably wouldn't look to kindly on having their encryption broken for everyone to see :)

Thanks!

I asked over in the WT forums just to make sure it was "OK" before starting to read them.    The answer I got back was that it was against the Terms of Use.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/357837-clog-files-is-it-against-eula-to-copy-and-read-them/

I'll have to leave it alone then.

I'm pretty sure they're manipulating teams to achieve 50% ratio for people though.   I can see it in Ground RB modes were everyone seems to hover right around that win rate as Nations.   

I think the only time it goes astray is when there is a high skilled player that doesn't play the objectives.

Edited by Sidiros - 2017-Mar-28 at 18:57
Andvari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andvari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017-Mar-30 at 11:03
I don't think they're doing it for ground AB.   I've got a 75% win rate and haven't really noticed that I've been teamed with terrible players or have a BR disadvantage.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic